Red Hat Linux 8 has been officially released. If you are a developer and want to use Red Hat, but don't want to pay the $99 developer licensing fee, go register for a free developer account at https://developer.RedHat.com.
Follow these instructions for creating a RHEL 8 x64 Hyper V VM on Windows 10.
If you're not using Windows, or you already have VMWare or Fusion, or Parallels, or VirtualBox that you'd rather use, then skip the Hyper V part of the instructions and follow the rest of them to create your RHEL8 development environment and configure it with the software development suite.
Don't forget to Have a Lot of Fun! --- that doesn't seem right ;-)
This is a great presentation by Robert C. Martin. If you care about doing software development right, then watch...
- We Will Not Ship Shit!
- We Will Always Be Deployable after each sprint.
- Stable Productivity.
- Inexpensive Adaptability - Easy change.
- Continuous Improvement over time.
- Fearless Competence thanks to unit tests.
- Extreme Quality with consistent issue tracking.
- Don't Dump On QA.
- No fragile system components.
- Cover For Each Other. Make one's self replaceable.
- Give honest estimates
- Say "No" constructively
- Continuous Aggressive Learning
- Mentoring - Perpetual Inexperience.